Styling the table
So the gifts are ready, maybe not quite wrapped yet but you're on the right track! We all know that the the big meal is the main event on Christmas Day... but how about the table decor? Take the pressure off the food with our top picks for styling the table and let your family and friends soak up the Christmas feeling with a festive cocktail ...
A pop of traditional red for the table with an element of the outdoors to add the finishing touches. We have the perfect drink to work with this with a little greenery as the garnish
Pomegranate and Rosemary Gin Fizz
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp rosemary simple syrup (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 sprig rosemary. Boil water until sugar dissolves, remove from heat, add rosemary and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Remove rosemary and refrigerate simple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate juice
- Club soda, chilled
- Rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Mix gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and pomegranate juice in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously 10-12 times then pour over ice in a low ball glass
- Top with club soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a large spoonful of pomegranate seeds!
A simple Christmas table taking inspiration from Scandinavian design with clean lines and muted tones. How about the Coctel de Olla to go with your Scandi inspired decor?
Coctel de Olla
- 1 oz Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 1/4 oz Dolin Dry Vermouth
- 1/4 oz Hoodoo Chicory Liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz Cold Brew Coffee
- 1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup*
- Zest of 2 Lemons
Cinnamon Syrup Preparation:
- Soak 4 short cinnamon sticks in 1 cup boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add 1 cup white sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Combine ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain contents into a chilled coupe glass.
Add a little touch of glamour to the table with hints of gold and copper and a drink to match..
Fig and Orange
- 2 parts Absolut Elyx
- 1 part freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 part freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp fig jam
- Combine ingredients together in a cocktail shaker over ice
- Shake hard until ice cold
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice
- Garnish with an orange wedge